Resources + Tools
Online Guides / Resources:
- Kickstarter’s Creators Handbook – chock full of key insight on running a campaign.
- Indiegogo’s Playbook – Whether you’re running a campaign or just interested in learning more about crowdfunding, this field guide is packed with tips, tricks, and resources to help make your ideas come to life.
- The Ultimate Crowdfunding To Do List – Great article from filmmaker Nathaniel Hansen.
- Amanda Palmers TED Talk – The Art of Asking – This brilliant talk from musician Amanda Palmer shares why crowdfunding is about “the gift” rather than a transactional relationship.
- Hacking Kickstarter – How to Raise $100,000 in 10 Days – Nice article on Tim Ferris’ blog (4 hour series) which outlines some ninja strategy for a successful campaign.
- Indiegogo Insights Blog – Read their various blog posts on campaign strategy and statistics.
- Kickstarter Blog – Check out Kickstarter’s blog as well for various thoughts on strategy and successful techniques.
The Tax Issue:
- Kickstarter and Taxes – Kickstarter’s official guide for your accountant.
- Canadian crowdfunding and taxes – compiled by Ryan Fetterly, and equity crowdfunding consultant.
Further Recommended Reading:
A collection of the best books I’ve found on crowdfunding. Though two of them are specific to filmmakers, the ideas/strategy are helpful for all types of campaigns.[zilla_one_third] [/zilla_one_third] [zilla_one_third] [/zilla_one_third] [zilla_one_third_last] [/zilla_one_third_last]
Kicktraq – Download this browser plugin which allows you to see a variety of data on every campaign, including projected goals and more. (Kickstarter only)
Kickstarter Budget Tool – Use this tool to help you figure out your budget for rewards.