What is crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is the term given to the new method of collecting micro-donations via an online platform such as Kickstarter or Indiegogo. On the surface, that may not seem very novel – yet dig a bit deeper, and you find crowdfunding represents one of the most significant economic innovations in recent memory.
With this new model, we are able to unlock an “eco-system” of finance, to manifest new creative, diverse, and beautiful projects freed from the older paradigm of centralized control and distribution. It’s also an amazing way accelerate the emerging paradigm.
Explore my crowdfunding resources:
- Crowdfunding workshops – View my offering of crowdfunding workshops geared to arm you with the skills and confidence to run your own successful campaigns.
- Crowdfunding Articles – Read my original articles covering how to build your audience, to crafting a kickass pitch video.
- Resources + Tools – Explore some of the best guides, books, and tools to support your crowdfunding knowledge.
- Crowdfunding platforms – The variety of platforms can be intimidating. Browse my current list of options I’ve found.
“Equal to Ian’s skill in presenting the intricacies of crowdfunding was his passion for communicating the heart of the vision – serving others as equal members of the human family.” – Alan Clements, author/activist
A few campaigns I’ve Guided and/or Consulted On:
- Milton’s Secret [Film] – raised $307,517
- Gecko [App] – raised $135,410
- Be Brave [Doc] – raised $184,618
- Occupy Love [Doc] – raised $80,000 over 2 campaigns
- Life Means What [Film] – raised $150,530
- The Rise of the DDP & the Global Party Pandemic of 2014 [Org] – raised $26,001
and over 30+ more, collectively raising over $800,000 dollars.
Ian’s workshop provided rare and refreshing techniques and insights into the new, powerful science that is crowdfunding. After crowdfunding over 30 successful projects, I still learned a great deal” – Gary Lachance, Decentralized Dance Party