More Yoga, Less Drinking, And Other Resolutions For 2009
“There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.”
– The Buddha
This year is coming to an end. There was never a year like it, and there will never be ever again.
A brief list of highlights:
- I moved back to my hometown.
- I interviewed naked hippies on bicycles.
- I stood 5 feet from Coldplay.
- I watched Obama get elected.
The interesting thing about all these experiences is that I didn’t anticipate any of them. At least not at the close of 2007. (Well, okay, I knew Obama was going to win).
By most accounts, 2009 will not be pretty.
But oddly enough, as I look forward I can’t help but feel excitement. 2009 is a year of unmanifested potential; to experience new adventures, new friends, and new challenges.
My list of resolutions reflect this outlook.
Here they are, in no particular order:
- Continue doing yoga at least twice a week.
- Buy less. Drive less. And generally consume less.
- Attend Burning Man 2009.
- Speak a few passable Spanish phrases in Colombia.
- Listen fully whenever talking to someone.
- Build even more momentum with the team at Matador Travel.
- Complete another silent meditatation retreat (only 3 day this time).
- Finish the One Week Job documentary, and celebrate at Sean’s book launch in Toronto.
- Spend less time on the computer and more time doing anything else.
- Join the crew of Word Travels
- Cultivate the steady awareness of beauty.
Most of all, I resolve to:
Be open. Be conscious. Be happy.
What are your new year’s resolutions? Share a link to your list in the comments!