Online Guides / Resources:
- Indiegogo’s Crowdfunding Field Guide – Whether you’re running a campaign or just interested in learning more about crowdfunding, this field guide is packed with tips, tricks, and resources to help make your ideas come to life.
- Amanda Palmers TED Talk – The Art of Asking – This brilliant talk from musician Amanda Palmer shares why crowdfunding is about “the gift” rather than a transactional relationship.
- Hacking Kickstarter – How to Raise $100,000 in 10 Days – Nice article on Tim Ferris’ blog (4 hour series) which outlines some ninja strategy for a successful campaign.
- Indiegogo Insights Blog – Read their various blog posts on campaign strategy and statistics.
- Kickstarter Blog – Check out Kickstarter’s blog as well for various thoughts on strategy and successful techniques.
Further Recommended Reading:
A collection of the best books I’ve found on crowdfunding. Though two of them are specific to filmmakers, the ideas/strategy are helpful for all types of campaigns.
Kicktraq – Download this browser plugin which allows you to see a variety of data on every campaign, including projected goals and more. (Kickstarter only)
Kickstarter Budget Tool – Use this tool to help you figure out your budget for rewards.